Been a while, hasn’t it? I missed this page.
Anyway, so I was suddenly wondering about why people get married after a colleague of mine (male) made a statement about why men get married.
As a young girl, I thought that the first person to get intimate with me would be my husband and I’m sure a lot of other girls wished that too. Not until life and its many complications, disappointments and flaws set in. Then you realize it’s not entirely up to you to decide these things. But I know a woman essentially marries for love, maybe money as a huge determining factor as well. Hey, who wouldn’t want some financial security? But the whole issue of marrying for the right reasons is another topic entirely which we won’t go into right now. Maybe few women marry for the 6 packs too but I’m sure you’ll find very few women who marry for that. Am I digressing? I think so. But essentially, I thought men get married because they find that special one who strikes a chord of love in their hearts. I’m thinking again, wishful thinking.
So why do men get married?
These are not typical man answers but they might be the answers you’ll get from Nigerian men if asked why he got married or want to get married.
- Because all my friends are getting married
- Because there is nothing else to distract me
- Because I am getting old
- Because my parents are pushing for it
- Because it’s the next thing to do
- Because it allows me to fully commit myself to one person
Typically though, these questions ought to be answered in this manner:
- Because I want to spend the rest of my life with her
- I don’t want to lose the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me
- Because I want to show my love without hindrance
- Life is easier when you have a partner by your side.
- Because I have feel complete with her
- Because I have never loved anyone the way I love her
Am I right or am I just blabbing? Men, we want to hear from you. Why did you get married?