Emphasizing the pros and cons of drinking coffee cannot be stressed, still people still take coffee on an hourly basis, daily basis. I rarely take coffee and when I do, I do because of the exotic smell of roasted beans. Roasted beans, hmm, well, some say it triggers irreversible lung damage.
Together with coffee consumption, liking for bitter tasting foods and drinks such as tonic water and dark beer could result in psychopathic tendencies. Wow! Even I didn’t know that. Be cautious, for the sake of your life.
However, for the purpose of enlightenment, here are some of the harmful effects of caffeine in the body:
- More than 4 cups of coffee linked to early death.
- Caffeine consumption may raise blood pressure
- Increased risk of heart attack among young adults
- Caffeine linked to gout attacks
- Caffeine could cause incontinence
- Caffeine may cause insomnia
- Caffeine can cause indigestion
- Caffeine can cause headaches
- Caffeine could reduce fertility in women
- Caffeine may not be healthy for type 2 diabetics
- Ability for caffeine overdose/addiction
- Caffeine causes more forceful heart contractions
- Worse Menopause Symptoms
- Caffeine consumption can lead to increased anxiety, depression and the need for anxiety medication
- Caffeine inhibits collagen production in skin.
- Caffeine interferes with ossification and could also lead to greater risk of bone fracture
Some also believe there are about equal or more benefits to caffeine consumption. You decide.