Life! It has its good times and it’s not-so-good days.
Some days you’re up. You’re in tune with the universe, your life is flowing, and the present moment makes sense. And other days you’re down. You might be in an emotional funk. Life happens. But we are not our emotions and as conscious humans, we actually have the power to manage them (and their fluctuations).
No matter which blow life deals you, staying true to yourself and your roots will never fail you. It is natural to wish, once in a while, that your life was like this person or like that person. But truth is, no person’s life is perfect. That person might also have things in their life that they have just been able to manage and contain so well that you have not been able to see through their ups and downs.
When you are down, feigning someone else’s life does you know good. Have you seen the movie, ‘The Cobbler”? Even if you had such magic to turn you into someone else, at the end of the day, the shoes come off and you’re you again, picking off right where you left your life. This is not to mention the extra hurdles in that person’s life that you will pick up along the way feigning another person’s life.
When life deals you, here are a few tips to help you deal with life:
- Show gratitude; in whatever situation you find yourself, be grateful.
- Take a few moments to relish in the now; tomorrow, it might be a thing of the past.
- Share your good vibes with others too; not just your down times
- Capture the state; the power in taking pictures does not have an equal. See yourself through your own eyes
- Show someone else you care; for all you know they might need encouragement more than you
- Recall a positive moment; learn to smile.
- Take risks; after all, you will never get to know what you can and cannot do without trying
- Move your butt; regain your self-consciousness too.
- Stop the routine; take up new activities to fill your days.
After all, when the going gets tough, the tough gets going! That’s the key to life.